Thursday, January 27, 2011

what a pain in the neck

awwww man, my neck is killing me!  it's day 18 and i'm suffering from chronic neck pain.  i looked it up online, and found that smoking could be a factor.  apparently smoking affects the spine and vertebrae, and it could take quite sometime before i fully recover from whatever damage i have done.

now that i think about it, i have had quite a bit of back pain through the years - i wonder if it had anything to do with my smoking habit?  i always chalked it up to the fact that i used to install carpet, a trade that does not help your back much.  i'm starting to think that my smoking may have made it much worse, and i should probably add this to my ever growing list of symptoms.

in any case, i never thought that quitting would be such a pain in the neck!  i feel like cravings are the least of my worries with all of the other crap that i'm experiencing.  the great thing is that i've almost reached 3 weeks without cigarettes - a milestone that i think will be quite significant.

i guess i'll take some aspirin for now and hope my neck problems go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment